Opole University of Technology (since 2003)
Academic and Research Career
MSc Eng.: Opole University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, 1998.
PhD: Opole University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, 09.07.2003
Habilitation: Tadeusz Kościuszko Cracow University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering,
-books 5 (one in english),
-JCR papers 13,
-whole number of publications 95,
-number of citations 84(63)
-h index 5 (july 2013)
- promoted 14 diplomas,
- reviever 12 diplomas and 2 PhD Thesis.
-Polish Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics since 2002
- The European Structural Integrity Society ESIS, since 2005,
- Societas Humboldtiana Polonorum SHP, od 2007.
Most important international and prestigious Polish scientific prizes and awards
- Award of the Polish Foundry SA in Kielce for best master's thesis, 1998, Kielce,
- Distinction doctoral thesis defense, 2003, Opole,
- Humboldt Research Fellowship, 18 months, from 2006 to 2007, Bonn, Germany,
- Reintegration Scholarship Foundation name of Alexander von Humboldt, 2007-2008, Bonn, Germany,
- Scholarships for young doctors, "Academy of Opole University of Technology for the Development - Acropolis",
2008-2009 (15 months), Opole,
- Laureate of the Xth edition (2007-2009) of Scientific Award name of Wacław Olszak, PTMTS Warsaw 2009,
- Award of Research Division IV of Technical Sciences, December 2010, Warsaw,
- Medal of the National Education Commission, August 2011, Warsaw.
-Member of Polish Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, since 2001,
- Member of European Structural Integrity Society, since 2005,
- Rector awards of Technical University of Opole for Scientific achievements in the field of fatigue of materials
and structures, Opole 2004, 2005, 2009, 2010,
- Winner of X-th edition (2007-2009) of Waclaw Olszak’s Academic Award accorded to young scientists, The
Polish Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, 2009, Warsaw, Poland,
- Scientific Award of the Division IV of the Polish Academy of Sciences for a series of research work on the
evaluation of fatigue damage by means of spectral method, December 2010, Warsaw, Poland.
- Medal of the National Education Commission, August 2011, Warsaw
-Expert of the intersectional team for Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics of the Komitee for Machine Constructing of
the Polish Academy of Science, may 2012, Bydgoszcz
Experience gained abroad
· Ecole Nationale Suprieure d’Arts and Metiers and LMPM, Poitiers-Futuroscope (France), trainee, 3 weeks in
· Fraunhofer Institute for Structural Durability LBF in Darmstadt (Germany), trainee, 4 weeks in 2000,
· Participation in international schools of the series ‘Summer School of Fracture Mechanics’:
- 1998, 5 days, Lviv, Ukraine,
- 1999, 5 days, Zlote Hory, Czech Republik,
- 2000, 5 days, Dresden, Germany,
· Fraunhofer Institute for Structural Durability LBF in Darmstadt (Germany), Humboldt Research Fellowship,
18 mounts in 2006-2007,
· LLP-Erasmus lecturer 2007-2011 (Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic).
- Plenipotentiary of Dean of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering for ERASMUS,,
- Dean for Science of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
Married, three children (sons and daughter).
Music, sport, traveling.